Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ARC Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

A/N: This is a review of a book that comes out on April 22, 2014. I read and finished this book back in December, but decided it'd be too early to post a review, and I was recently re-reading it so I decided it was a good time now so here it is.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before is a YA book by Jenny Han (name familiar? I reviewed her Summer trilogy) and it's about Lara Jean Song, a girl who writes love letters, but not in the strictest sense. She writes letters to boys that she was in love with and trying to get over. She pours her heart out, maybe even attacks them, and then they all get sent to their recipients.

I really, thoroughly enjoyed this book. Hell, I read it during math class. And here are the reasons why:

The characters. I'd already known Han had a great talent for writing characters from her books Shug and the Summer trilogy, but this book just reinforced this. Lara Jean was an intricate, awkward, sweet, naive character with a fresh voice and dynamic relationships with Peter, Kitty, her father, Margot and Josh that were amazingly awesome to read.

Plus, that dialogue the characters have with each other was fantastic and I loved reading it and was often like OH SNAP.


The drama. Han writes teen-soap-opera level drama minus the bullshit. It's refreshing and addicting to read. I could barely put this book down, I read it on the bus, in between classes, during classes (shh don't tell my parents) and as soon as I got home.


The relationships. I already kinda mentioned this but it deserves a reiteration. The relationships in this book (whether they be between crushes, fake-boyfriend/girlfriends, friendships, parents, or sisters) were immensely fascinating and just so well-written.

Read this book yes. 494 Christmas Cookies out of 495.

Minus one for the fact that this is STANDALONE GOD DAMMIT.

LOOK AT THIS SAD CAT. THIS IS HOW SAD I AM
The book is good read it when it comes out.

Sincerely,

Owyn

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stumbled upon this blog post as I was browsing through To All the Boys I've Loved Before reviews. Anyway, I just finished reading it and I can't help but agree with your review!

    Wondering if you knew that it's not a STANDALONE ANYMORE! Yes, it's a part of a duology :)) The next one is set up for 2015 if I'm not mistaken. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! AND NO WAY I JUST CHECKED GOODREADS I'M SO EXCITED YAY!!!

      Delete