Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: Etiquette & Espionage

NOTE: The book I got was an ARC but I got it after it was published.

So my ex-boss/head of TAB Stephanie mentioned this book Etiquette & Espionage at the January meeting. At first I wasn't interested because it was steampunk and I didn't think I'd like that.

But then she told me all the awesome stuff about the book and this isn't good because I have other books I'm supposed to read for school, for the CTLC and those that I bought and have neglected reading and then she has me intrigued but I'm not supposed to be!

But I made her give it to me and I finished it yesterday. And I REALLY LIKED IT. IT'S NOT FAIR TO BE CONSTANTLY DISTRACTED BY GREAT BOOKS.

Here are the reasons why: (I just realizes I've been using a lot of lists but this how I remain organized. Otherwise my thoughts would be everywhere)

1. The premise was awesome and it continued to be awesome. This book is about a girl in Steampunk 19th Century England who goes to a Finishing School that teaches you how to be an intelligencer. Which is a term, basically, for "lady assassin". They learn how to curtsy and throw knives, poison people while planning an elegant meal, and fight different paranormal creatures. What isn't cool about that??

2. The names are badass and dapper at the same time. The main girl is named Sophronia, her best friend Dimity, Dimity's brother is Pillover, another girl Sidheag, a sootie named Soap, a mechanimal named Bumbersnoot and a werewolf named Captain Niall! As a Directioner (don't judge me too harshly) I thought that was amazing! But all the names were pretty spectacular.

3. I thought Soap and Sophronia were cute together. Since I am obviously addicted to shipping, I already found my couple of the book. They were both just so adorable and amazing! They had a slight banter, a bit of forbiddenness with her being an Uptop and him being a sootie, and it's just perfect. But nothing really happened so I have to wait for the sequel. Both books I will be like this:


That's all I have to say. Bye!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment