Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

My GoodReads To-Read List

NOTE: Long as hell post because I have no posted in forever and I feel bad

So, I have a GoodReads because reasons (namely books and people who like them). And I have a huge list of books I want "to read" so I decided I would relay them to you and why I want to read them.

Something Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

It apparently has "real" characters and a "painfully funny world", so it sounds really interesting. And I really like the premise of it, so I want to read it soon.

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

I am a sucker for a romance story featuring a girl-falls-for-her-brother's-best-friend kinda thing (which is why I ship Monica and Chandler so hard). And there is also awesome-sounding drama so I kinda definitely want to read this.

Trust Me by Rachel Hawthorne

I am also a sucker for hate-turns-to-love relationships. And this book features this heavily. It also has a bit of a camp-twist, so it sounds like a fun read.

Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita

I have an author crush on Calonita because her characters are really awesome. And this summer-camp premise sounds like a lot of fun to read with its own smatterings of Drama-Rama.

Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman

Say what you want to about about Mean Girls but it's fucking accurate. Hell, I even read some of the book Wiseman wrote originally even though Tina Fey ADDED ALL THE PLOT HERSELF. But I'm intrigued to see what Wiseman will do with a plot so I want to read it.

Major Crush by Jennifer Echols

HECK YES HATE-TURNS-TO-LOVE AGAIN. It also features band geeks who are known for being sexuals. (Even though the band geeks at my school and I have a mutual hatred haha, I still want to read it).

Outcast by Adrienne Kress

Kress has such a great writing style that I enjoyed in The Friday Society. And the premise seems like it will be an awesome story with some quirky-ness so I am excited to read it.

Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn

It just sounds like an interesting, realistic love story with also a moral (maybe?) about learning how to love yourself.

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson is my favorite book, in no small part to Levithan's half. I really like his voice and this book sounds like a really interesting story about love and friendship so excitement.

Taste Test by Kelly Fiore

I am going to read this book and then write the blog post on the Bookstore's blog for reasons that will be stated on there. I actually have this as an ARC so I can read it whenever but I haven't gotten around to it yet because Interning and life and stuff.

The Best Man by Kristan Higgins

Romance novels are my kryptonite. Especially if they're by Higgins. She has such a great voice that is sassy and sarcastic. So I'm excited to read this one.

How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford

I actually am not sure why I want to read this book all I know is I want to and I'm magnetically drawn to it like science.


Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols

It sounds like a really interesting premise and I really like Echols' writing style. Luckily, I have an ARC of this as well so VICTORY!

Of Neptune by Anna Banks

I have actually met Banks and she is just as sassy as her books are so I cannot wait to read the third one in her series! (And I've already read #1 and #2 so NATURAL PROGRESSION)

Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

I love Eulberg and her writing style and this book sounds really good and stuff so 2014 COME QUICKLY PLEASE.

Goldfish by Kody Keplinger

Keplinger is a huge inspiration and I love her writing style and voice and this book sounds really interesting so I'm excited to read it!

Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

I have heard great things about this book so I am going to READ IT.

Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally

I haven't read her other books but this one sounds really interesting. And I've read an online-excerpt on her site and it continued to be interesting.

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

This sounds really interesting and I really like books that kind of tell a journey of someone dealing with a disease and coming to terms with death/love/and stuff.

The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb

Something about this book makes me want to read it so therefore I will read it.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

I have ALSO met this author and she is just as awesome as her books. So I am really excited for this third book.

The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer

Colfer is my spirit animal, and I have enjoyed all his books so far and I JUST BOUGHT THIS ONE TODAY SO VICTORY DANCE.

The Boy on the Bridge by Natalie Standiford (name sound familiar)

It sounds like an interesting love story and I love war stories so I'm excited to read this one.

Adulting by Kelly Williams Brown

As a junior in high school, I apparently have to start being an "adult" (whatever that means) and this book seems like it could help.

But yes. I will try to read all these. Yay goals!

Sorry, again, I haven't been on much. But I promise to read more when school starts!

Sincerely,

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment