Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

NEW TO-READ LIST

I have decided my Summer Resolution for myself is to read more classic/older books and recent/maybe older memoirs and maybe just some books geared towards adults because I'm almost 18.


I've realized I read a lot of teen stuff, and not that there's anything wrong with that, I just really want to check these out.

I may not finish them (just because they're "classic" and "long revered" doesn't mean they necessarily please my personal tastes) but I will write a review for each book I read on this list. And still post reviews of the teen books I read.

DISCLAIMER: This list might expand because BOOKS. And it's not in order.

Classic/Classic Enough Stuff: Will be referred to "Classic Stuff Reviews"
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (1951)
The Country Girls Trilogy by Edna O'Brien (1987)
Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare (1590)
The Princess Bride by William Goldman (1971)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (1813)
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers (1940)
Heartburn by Nora Ephron (1983)
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (1893)
Thank You, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse (1934)
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller (1940)
Portrait of a Lady by Henry James (1881)

Modern Adult Books: Henceforth known as "Adultish Book Reviews"
Wallflower at the Orgy by Nora Ephron (2007)
Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan (2013)
When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison (2012)
Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer (2008)
Vanity Fare by Megan Caldwell (2012)
(more will definitely be added but I can't think of any more at the moment)


Memoirs of Young and Old: AKA "Memoir Review"
I Don't Care About Your Band by Julie Klausner (2010)
I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron (2006)
My Misspent Youth by Meghan Daum (2001)
Popular by Maya Van Wagenen (2013)
Crazy Salad and Scribble Scribble by Nora Ephron (2012)
I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections by Nora Ephron (SHE'S MY IDOL) (2010)
Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich (2002)
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (2012)

Plus all the teen books I want to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment