Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Friday, May 23, 2014

I WENT TO THE TFIOS PRE-SHOWING

(This about the act of going to the pre-showing and a little of the movie itself, I will write a full Book vs. Movie on the Boulder Book Store's Blog.)

Okay, I've expressed my fears and hopes about The Fault in Our Stars on this blog many a time. And since I know some awesome people (Liesl, the children's buyer from the Bookstore, and Jill from Penguin Young Readers,) I got pre-showing tickets to the showing of TFIOS in Denver.

MY EMOTIONS WERE VERY MUCH HAYWIRE
It was a school night the week before finals, but HELL YES I said yes because if I didn't I would be an idiot.

Taking my mom (who introduced me to the book,) my sister (because family,) and my friend from Teen Advisory Board, Zoe, we drove to Denver to see TFIOS TWO WEEKS-ISH EARLY.

My friend Zoe and I (before the show because after we were too busy crying to take a good #selfie)
The people were (understandably) paranoid about people filming the movie on their phones so we had to sign a waiver, get a ticket with a number, and then put our phones into plastic baggies, then leave them with a legitimate security. 

My emotions before/during/after the movie
In order to get into the theater, we had to get scanned like TSA with handheld detectors. Again, I understand the precautions but it was still so weird but still awesome I WAS SEEING THE FAULT IN OUR STARS TWO WEEKS EARLY EVERYTHING IS SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS AND TEARS OF JOY BUT ALSO SADNESS BECAUSE TFIOS IS SAD.

My thoughts on the movie itself

This is abridged, but I was so pleasantly surprised with how they handled the movie. Seriously, I was very scared because it's a movie adaptation of one of my favorite books and since when do those do well?

But they actually did a great job.

Like, all of us were so awed and pleased and crying throughout the movie.

It was moving and sweet and heartbreaking and fantastic.

I chose this gif because it makes me laugh and cry. Just like the book.
But I will say this, I hate the fact they cut a lot of stuff that I REALLY REALLY wanted to see. Like a lot of stuff with Isaac, and cute Hazel/Augustus moments. But I definitely understand that they had to cut stuff to make the movie commercial length, and what they left was awesome and told the story well and kept to the book. So I forgive them.

If it were up to me, the movie would be seven hours long with extra stuff with Gus and Isaac and the parents and the college friend and everything and everyone ;) slash :D and also a little of :'(

BEFORE I FORGET LOOK AT THE THING ATTACHED TO OUR SEATS FOR THE RESERVATION I TOOK HOME BOTH OF THE SIGNS:

I'M VIP!!! (and also apparently called "Liesl" but just ignore that part ;) )
We all enjoyed the movie and the experience, and you all need to see my sister's snapchat about the heartbreaking aspects of the movie:

I am so glad to have this opportunity, thanks to Jill and Liesl for giving it to me, I'm so grateful. Everyone needs to see this movie!

Well... after they read the book ;)

Sincerely, 

Owyn

P.S.

THE DIRECTOR FAVORITED MY TWEET HE KNOWS I EXIST

EVIDENCE.
IT WAS AN AWESOME BUT HEARTBREAKING-BECAUSE-THE-BOOK-AND-MOVIE-ARE-SAD DAY. 

2 comments: