Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

NOTE: I read this book back in January and I'm finally able to think about it without crying or flailing (actually not sure about the second one, we'll see). And this would count as an LA blog, but I didn't read it for the first time this week.

So my mom made me read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant to read it because it's supposed to end sadly (presumably with character death since I knew it was a cancer book) and I felt like I didn't need that sadness.

But then my mom got me a copy (since she listens to audio books and I find that wrong). And then I read it.

OH MY GOD.

THIS BOOK.

JUST WOW-BLEEPING-WOW.

I WAS LAUGHING.
THEN CRYING.
THEN LAUGHING WHILE CRYING.
AND CRYING BECAUSE I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD.
AND LAUGHING BECAUSE I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CRYING AND THEN I CRIED A LITTLE.

Seriously, reading this book I felt all the feels.

And I shall try to explain them to you in why this book quickly became my favorite book, hands-down (and as a person who reads as much as I do, this is quite the feat).

Besides the feels (I'm not going into that again, people are already looking at me weirdly in the library where I'm writing this), this book had a lot of great attributes.

The names: The main girl is named Hazel Grace, and my first name is Grace. And we're both named old-lady names that are suddenly making a comeback. And there was also an Augustus (don't talk to me about him yet) and an Isaac. No really annoying names like "Bella" or "Madison" or "Ashley".... Or "Kayt/Quaartheryn"

The characters: Everyone was so INTERESTING. Hazel was awesome and an amazing leading lady. Augustus was so perfect that I cried. Isaac is hilarious even in cases of peril and sadness "Hump the wall. Make sweet love to the wall"

The fandom: This book has taken over my life. I bought an "Okay? Okay." t-shirt and I also became a Nerdfighter because I've done nothing but be on YouTube and watch Vlogbrothers videos.

And you know what I realized?


It's amazing how quickly this has happened. I'm going to the book store this weekend so I'm getting any copy of any John Green book that I can get my paws on.

And now you can all join me! BUY THIS BOOK, READ IT THEN JOIN NERDFIGHTERIA.


I've gotten 2 people addicted to them so far.

Now I must go.


(By which I mean watch more vlogbrothers/crash course videos)

Second post in a day. Yay!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment