Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Monday, March 25, 2013

ARC Review: This is What Happy Looks Like

NOTE: An ARC! Yay! It comes out April 2.

So, I saw This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith at TAB and just had the overwhelming urge to read it. I read the back of it, and got excited.

It's about this teen hearthrob actor named Graham who accidentally sends small-town girl Ellie an email, and they start an easy online friendship. But what happens when Graham decides to get his new movie set in her small town? (Drama. That's what happens)

I really liked this book. Here is why:

*I'M GOING TO TRY NOT TO SPOIL BUT LET'S SEE*

The writing style was really well done. I really like the whol modern-epistolary aspect with the emails and messages. And Smith's style was really witty. I loved the characters, the plot, and the romance of Graham and Ellie. I MUST HAPPY DANCE


The drama with Ellie made me feel all sorts feels. I really don't want to spoil anything but at first I was "Oh no this can't end well" and then I was like "This isn't going to end well, is it?" And finally, "THAT IS ALL KINDS OF DRAMA".

The ending was vague but a HAPPY vague. I won't explain how, but I managed to really like this sort of ending. Normally when this happens, I want to fall to the author's feet begging them to explain (like Hazel to Van Houten). This time I was definitely pleased.


But yes, when you can buy this book. 10 Emails out of 10.

Sincerely,

Owyyn


No comments:

Post a Comment