Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Language Arts Blog Posts #4: The Academy: Game On

NOTE: This is an ARC I grabbed at the last TAB meeting.

So want to know what attracted me to this book?

The fact it mentions hot teenage boys who play sports.


But I read it because it's also about a poor girl named Maya who goes to a prestigious academy to learn to be a better tennis player but encounters ALL THE DRAMA.

Now what I am about to say is a bit confusing but not a bad thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about this book.

Like in the CON section:
  • Maya did the cliche thing where she ditched her friends to become both famous/popular.
  • She trusted the popular girl (PRO TIP #1718 never trust popular girls)
  • And it seemed like it could be a teen soap opera.
But in the PRO section.

It could be a teen soap opera. Like I mentioned in the gif above, I am weak. And I have a weakness for teen soap operas. (Namely the 3rd season of Dawson's Creek, 1st season of The O.C., the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls and seasons 1-6 of That 70s Show) If this book became a TV series, I'd definitely watch it. It has illicit hookups, bitches, love triangles, backstabbings, lesbians, and all sorts of Drama!

Jake and Maya. I don't want to spoil too much but I'm really excited for the next book in the series and see how Monica Seles handles their drama.

Maya is a bada$$ b!tch but the good kind, okay?. At first I liked Maya, then I hated her a bit, but then I really liked her again. If you read it, you'll see. But it takes balls to be surrounded by hot athletes and not make out with all of them. (There's more, but no spoilers!)


Whoohoo a second post! 

Bye :*

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment