Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Problems of a Teen Reader

NOTE: This is a rant. I apologize for any and all curse words. But, that being said, I will not remove them. *evil cackling laugh*

NOTE REDUX: I'm sorry I've been gone for a while. Thanksgiving plans impeded my blogging efforts.

Being in high school is supposed to suck for awesome people. The awesome people in life do not have an easy adolescent experience. And to make that much harder on awesome people like me, because when we try to read we have to overcome many obstacles. Here are three that piss me off when they happen.

Obstacle #1: Dealing with Ignorance. Whenever I'm reading at school, people always ask me the same damn questions. "How do you have time to read? Don't you have homework? You probably don't take your studies seriously, right? Are you seriously reading that book?"

I'm normally polite, saying "I make time to read, because I enjoy it". But when I'm having a bad day or I'm sick of hearing this question, I answer like this:


Obstacle #2: Homework is Not Useful and I'd Rather Read. I like to learn. But I do not need homework to learn. Besides, it cuts into my reading time. One time, I finished two 400ish page books around the time of finals. Then my mom revoked my reading freedom the week of finals.


Obstacle #3: Everyone Wants Me to Read Paranormal Romance Because of the Assumption that I Am a Teen Then I Therefore Must Read It. I don't know if I've stated this before, but I don't like the Paranormal Romance genre. It's like trying to make your body a plot, which grosses me out a little. Whenever someone tells me how great it is (when they know damn well I hate them), I'm all like this:



That was nice to get off my chest. I hope you enjoyed my gifs.

Laters!

Owyn

2 comments: