Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

10 Kickass Writing Quotes: Part 1

NOTE: I honestly don't know what this is. But enjoy

Everyone knows authors are like the best people ever. I started fangirling internally (and externally) when I met Tiffany Schmidt (author of Send Me a Sign).



And I've always wanted to be an actual published author with people fangirling over me. But in order to do that, I must finish my book. And when I feel the need to be inspired, I read quotes about writing to help. Here are my favorites:

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Writing is like prostitution: first you do it for love, and then a few close friends, and then for money." --Moliere

"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else. -- Gloria Steinem

"Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted" -- Jules Renard

"Writing well is the best revenge" -- Dorothy Parker

"Please don't make me mock you in my novel." -- I saw this on a t-shirt that I now must acquire. I don't know who says it, but I think it's awesome.


"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." --W. Somerset Maugham

"Writing and cafes are strongly linked in my brain" -- J.K. Rowling

"Writing saved me from the sin and inconvenience of violence." -- Alice Walker

"#WhyIWrite because when everything else changes, my writing can only get better." That's me!!!

Hope you enjoyed! And drew some inspiration in whatever you're doing from it. Leave a comment if you have a favorite that you didn't see here.

I have to go do homework. Laters,

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment