Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Review: Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

NOTE: This is a book. It was when I read it and it should probably still be one.

Sometimes when I walk aimlessly around the bookstore, books just stare at me and beg me to read them. It's very rare that I can ignore it.

One of those books is this one. Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian. Hell of a title, am I right? No, oh okay.

I just wanted another gif and this makes me happy
It's about a girl named Megan who emails her friend "boy tips" since she's going to be living with 7 of them for some time while dealing with soccer, drama, and romance.

Something about this book just made me HAVE to read it. So I did.

And I genuinely liked it. And I was surprised because I thought this would be a modernization of Snow White due to the fact it had 7 boys in a house away from her family. But no, I didn't actually find a connection to that.

I'm going to list 2 reasons why I liked it and 1 reason I'm kinda pissed.

*SPOILERS AHEAD, MATEY! AVAST YER ASS*

I really liked the characters and how unique they were. You could tell the brothers, the soccer girls, and all the friends apart since they were all different and awesome. With such a huge ensemble, that takes talent.

Secondly, the drama and romance we're actually readable. When it comes to drama, people complain a lot and I want to shove socks down their throats. But here, it just seemed like normal teenage drama that was actually a part of the plot.

Now here is why, as a reader who liked it, I did not like it.

The mother-bleeping ending.

The ending was so vague! Brian didn't tell me whether Megan got with Finn or Evan or even Doug! I was so heartbroken because I don't think there's a sequel planned and she just LEFT ME HANGING LIKE THAT.


I give this book 23 cliffhangers out of 25. You should read it and see if it frustrates you as well.

See you later!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment