Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Book Review: Time Between Us

NOTE: I got this as an ARC but, due to my hectic schedule, I was only able to read it in the past week after it was published.

Hello fellow Internet People! So for this post, I'm reviewing Tamara Ireland Stone's debut novel Time Between Us.

This book is about a girl named Anne in 1995 Illinois who accidentally meets Bennett, a San Franciscan time traveler from 2012 and how that can mess everything up.

*SPOILERS AHEAD. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK YET, I WILL RUIN IT*

I liked this book. I really did. Here's a list because I am completely in love with lists.

  1. I loves the plot. It was clear, concise and easy to read with still being able to surprise me.
  2. I loved the romance. They were both so unassuming and awesome and I just adore that about couples and people in general. Pretentious people annoy me.
  3. The comedy was really great but not overshadowing to the romance. Each joke gave me a little titter, which was just what it needed. 
  4. Stone did a great job of juggling romance, intrigue, drama, slight historical and slight sci-fi.

But there is only one thing that really bothered me.

The fact that Anne uses Bennett to save her best friend from a devastating car accident.

NOTE THE SEQUEL: This is just a personal thing that I have when characters do things like this. I still will always love this book. Just not this part.

First of all, you can't just use someone or their gift. Especially when you want to be romantic with them. It's completely selfish.


And, this is just another personal thing that has nothing to do with the book, I don't normally read time travel stories because they get twisted around to fit each story. And the women typically take unsafe risks around the leading males.

I mean, I think it's dangerous to go through time with a boy you hardly know just because when you are around him, you feel this "intense" thing.


Luckily, I don't think that any of Anne's decision were too rash.

I rate this book 11 T.A.R.D.I.S.es out of 14.

I recommend it for people who like teen romances where there are obstacles but LOVE TRIUMPHS OVER ALL.

Until eventually,

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment