Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Books Reviews: 5 Books I've Read for School

NOTE: I'm rating five books I've read for school that have impacted me (both positively and negatively).

So in the course of my seven schools I've had to read a lot of books, some more than once. Here is my opinion of some of the ones that will always be in my mind.

*I'M GOING TO NOT BOTHER SUMMARIZING THESE BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASIC IDEA THEN GO BACK TO SCHOOL... PEASANT*

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

OPINION: I read this story twice, once in 7th grade and then another time in 8th grade (different schools). I really liked it. I thought it had a great message, I thought Scout was badass, and that Jem was pretty cool. And, this goes without saying but I'm saying it anyway, that Atticus is BADASS. Like seriously, best male character ever. He fought racism, racists and WON LITERATURE.

Atticus
Rating: 400 Boo Radleys out of 400.

The Odyssey by Homer.

OPINION: I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I hated this book. It was long, written in this way that I didn't understand OR appreciate, and it was just ridiculous. Why would Penelope stay with Odysseus when she was way out of his league AND kept cheating on her? When I read this back freshman year, I figured out he could've gotten home to Penelope A LOT quicker if he stopped having sex with so many people!!


Rating: 10 Simpsons-remakes-of-The-Odyssey out of 1000.

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

OPINION: While it was disheartening to read at the age of 14 that the world sucks, it was when I was just realizing it. I think everyone should read this to remind themselves that a Majority of People Generally Suck, but then there are some good people (like Ralph, Simon, and Piggy) who are out there too. So there is hope.
Rating: 321 islands out of 322.

The boys in this book are so evil they're DOCTOR EVIL
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

OPINION: Why is everyone so fascinated with Charles Dickens? He was paid by the word. That means a lot of senseless bullshit that does not make any sense to get him da money. And this book was just ridiculous. Pip was a wimp, Joe was a pointless idiot, Magwitch gave me nightmares, Mrs. Joe should be sent elsewhere, Biddy was too good for anyone, Estella was a bitch and Miss Havisham needs to cry a river, build a bridge, and get the HELL over it.

Rating: 1 out of a billion wittles.

My reaction to this book whenever
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
(Not a book but writing and this is my blog so suck it!)

OPINION: This play severely annoys me to my core. Why do people think it's so great? I already wrote a blog post at the Boulder Book Store's blog but I'm going to swear in this one because this is MY BLOG. MINE.
First off, it's a tragedy, not a romance. I will seriously slap the crap out of anyone who says that Romeo and Juliet were in love. They were two kids (one not even a teenager yet, FYI) who were horny/hormonal and decided,


A bunch of people died because of them, especially Mercutio and I LOVED MERCUTIO even though he was a bit of a druggy but I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO DIE.

But yeah. BAD BOOK NAUGHTY NAUGHTY.

Hope you enjoyed!

Owyn

PS I was looking in my views and I suddenly got 672 views in 1 day??? I don't know how this happened but it did. Can someone explain or am I just magically delicious?

Either way

THANK YOU and:


No comments:

Post a Comment