Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Book Review: The Duff

NOTE: This is a book. Yay *little shimmy*

So I decided to shop at Barnes and Noble (an indie bookstore intern? THE HORROR) because I had a giftcard. Which I spent on an awesome haul of promising books.

Which included this one: The Duff: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger. And I really liked this one.

Now I have read Shut Out by her, and I knew she liked to bring up sex and swear and stuff like that.

But BAM does this book have it. Not graphically, but kind of up-front. Like, "Hell yeah I'm having sex. Deal with it." And this I appreciated. Too many people are squeamish. I DECLARE LET THERE BE SEX IF THE AUTHOR SO PROCLAIMS.


Here are the other things I liked:

The voice is AWESOME. Bianca is an awesome character and she just had this really dry, sarcastic voice that I thought was magnificent. And I liked that she swore and she was upfront.

The romance was so... I can't find a good description so I'll just list my feels. Wesley was such a dick but he was just hiding his kind side and Bianca has been insecure and afraid of her parents' divorce and I was just rooting for them to get together the entire time.


Great message. I shall just say this quote "We're all fucking Duffs."

But yes, this book gets 233 Duffs out of 233. Keplinger did a great job.

Bye! Happy Fourth of July!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment