Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Graphic Novel Review: Drama

NOTE: Sorry I haven't been posting much I've just been kind BLAH and so BLAH.

The book I'm reading is actually a graphic novel. It's called Drama by Raina Telgemeier. It's about a girl named Callie who is in a Stage Crew when a bunch of DRAMA (get it? get it?) goes on both involved with onstage and offstage.

I really enjoyed this! I wasn't sure what I was going to expect since I don't regularly read graphic novels, but I definitely thought it was really well done. And here is why:

1. It brought up homosexuality. AND IT DID A GOOD JOB. I was very impressed how Telgemeier handled the subject.

But with that, I read a review about this subject on this book on Goodreads and I would just like to point out how stupid this person is.


He basically said that homosexuality doesn't have a place in middle reader books AND IT DOES. People like him need to stop. It's not like she's fetishizing homosexuality, she just made it a very interesting part of the story and I enjoyed reading it.

2. The graphics were awesome. I really liked the images and I thought they did a good job telling the story. And it is really awesome to see a story described in a way without words, I think that experience-part of the book is amazing.

3. It's totally accurate. As a person who's been a part of the whole behind-the-scenes thing, the fright, the worry, the annoyance with the actors: I've felt it all. But, the best part is with all the drama I didn't feel overwhelmed by all the stuff going on. So thank you, Telgemeier! You did:



But yes. This book is 88 scripts out of 95. HUZZAH

Bye guys!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment