Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Get to the Freaking Point: A Rant

NOTE: This is a rant. I apologize for all swear words, but that being said

Have you read a book that just added so many fucking descriptions or pointless stuff in it that you just want to throw it at a wall?

I don't like to attack people's writing styles, but when you're so redundant and superfluous then I just want to not read your book.

My reaction
That opinion being said, if it's a part of the story where it's supposed to be descriptive then I'm okay with it. But really, I just like the dialogue. I don't need to read any internal struggle or stuff that I don't find interesting.

Like I kind of didn't like the Harry Potter series because there was a lot of descriptions and the dialogue was sparse.

And then I didn't like the Hunger Games because I didn't give a crap about the love triangle, or Katniss's family and stuff like that. JUST GET TO THE TEENS KILLING EACH OTHER DAMMIT.

Just give me the snappy, sassy dialogue and I shall be happy.

What do you guys think?

Sincerely,

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment