Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

5 Books That Made Me Go WTF

NOTE: This is not necessarily a bad thing. Unless it is. I shall explain which book is which. And the only order these are in is the order I organized them.

Do you ever read a book and just become confused? Like you don't know what you just read or you couldn't even explain the plot to someone without fucking it up because you can't even explain it to yourself? Or maybe the book was just INTENSE and your brain is just WAPOW-SHKK-BOOM (mind explosion)? And these aren't necessarily bad.

What is bad if the plot and the characters went nowhere and you're left with this empty feeling of WTF because you wasted your time.


*SPOILERS AHEAD SHIELD YOUR EYES HIDE THE CHILDREN AND I'M SORRY FOR BEING A BIT MEAN IT'S THE BOOK'S FAULT OR MY FAULT FOR BEING YOUNG WHEN I READ THEM IDK*

Deadly Little Secrets (The entire series really but I only read up to 3 I think) by Laurie Faria Stolarz. These books weren't bad, they were just HELLA CONFUSING AND INTENSE. I read them around 4-5 years ago and I still get a chill from them. I just didn't understand the whole psychometric abilities thing as a part of the plot (my fault I know) but also, that suicidal aunt as being another POV? That part was just weird to me. And, personally, I found it out of place.

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti. Normally, Colasanti doesn't disappoint me. Most of the time, I enjoyed her books. But this book I felt was just a complete waste of my time. The characters were whiny and three POVs was too much and the plots were bad and there was a FUCKING STUDENT-TEACHER ROMANCE JUST NO. Her other books are fine, just this one was awful.

Dead Girls Don't Write Letters by Gail Giles. I HAVE HAD YEARS TO PONDER THIS BOOK AND I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED. All I know is I didn't like it. It may have been because I read a 13+-ish book when I was like 9 but I didn't understand. Was it the sister? What was that last page even about? What the hell happened?

AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY

Vixen by Jillian Larkin. I couldn't even finish this book. I couldn't stand the characters, the plot was contrived and it was ultimately a disappointment. I was really excited to read it because YAY FLAPPERS THE 20s AWESOME TIMES but the no. It wasn't interesting and I went like 50 pages before I was just done.


Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Here's the gif to express my emotions:

I DIDN'T EVEN REALLY READ THIS SERIES I READ THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS AND THEN I SCARRED MY 13-YEAR-OLD SELF USING WIKIPEDIA SYNOPSES! WHAT HAS BEEN VISUALIZED IN MY MIND-UTERUS CANNOT BE UNSEEN. THERE'S INCEST AND BLOOD DRINKING AND POISON I JUST COULDN'T I CAN'T.

So yeah. That's that.

I need to go calm down.

Bye!

Owyn


No comments:

Post a Comment