Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fun Summer Reads

NOTE: I miss summer :( so therefore I wrote this

I decided to compile a list of a few books that embodied summer for me! And this includes this summer, last summer, and the one before. Please enjoy!

The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

This was such a fun read. It touched on the whole identity crisis teens have when deciding to either be themselves or what people expect them to be. Plus, it mashed together the whole nerd-geek thing in a way that celebrated the culture. Admittedly, the near-climax part of the book is kind of annoying with the main girl Maddie deciding between happiness/Logan or popularity/friendship-with-annoying-people but the awesome LARP scene is worth it.



Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

I really liked this book. The author had a fun writing style and voice, great characters, great romance, and some awesome drama. As a person who hung out with older, awesome people over the summer at her internship, I really related to Sam and enjoyed her story. Plus, they exposed political corruption. It's a whole bag of awesomeness.



The Summer at Forsaken Lake by Michael D. Beil


Okay, this book is more middle reader, but it's so good and cute and aw. There's a little bit of puppy love, horror-movie making, and solving the mysteries behind the premise of the horror movie. It's enjoyable and it has great illustrations and it's really cute.

JK I mean cute

Wicked Jealous by Robin Palmer

I have already described HERE and HERE that Palmer is already awesome, and in the first link I reviewed this book already. But I feel like that wasn't enough. Palmer did such a good job with this book. The romance, the way she handled the weight loss, the pure comedy with the roommates and friends plus the awesome drama. This is by far my favorite of hers, and it always makes me think of summer. I love this book.

*licks book*

Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald

This book is just really cute and fun and adorable. The romance and friendships were awesome and filled with banter. AND it proves girls are friendzoned too (even though I will fight anyone who actually uses that term.) Plus, the cures work for people falling out of love. It's a good mishmash of stories that work really well, and it's a good summer story. I enjoy reading and rereading it immensely.

This weird sheep-bunny-thing is rubbing hands maniacally for this book

But yes! These books are fun summer reads, and offer great nostalgia for the awesome summer.


Goodbye, mes amis

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment