Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Book Review: Boy Meets Boy

NOTE: This is a book. Yay for books!

SALUTATIONS. Today I am talking about David Levithan's book Boy Meets Boy, which is about a gay teen named Paul who lives in an awesome, quirky town and his relationships with friends, crushes and exs.

*No Major Spoilers*

I've read a couple of Levithan's stuff. There are books like Dash and Lily's Book of Dares which I enjoyed to Will Grayson, Will Grayson which I would say is one of my favorite books.

 So, going into this book, I had some high expectations.

And I heavily, thoroughly enjoyed it! WHOOHOO



Here are the reasons why:

It's fucking hilarious. Levithan does such a great job in incorporating humor into his novels. It's not overt and annoying or minor and odd. I was reading this in class and I damn near snorted I was laughing so hard.

THE VOICE. TEH VOICE. Paul's voice is just amazing. He tells the story with such an understanding-confusion of everything and I don't know how Levithan mastered this, but he did. And it is wondrous.

The characters are better than people in real life. But the best part is, they're going through such normal stuff but they're so much BETTER at it. And they're funny and interesting, and if I didn't love them then I appropriately hated them which is JUST AS FUN.

The town should be real. Unfortunately for my hopes and dreams, the setting for Boy Meets Boy is a fictional, accepting and just plain great. A drag queen who goes by Infinite Darlene is the star quarterback. The cheerleaders have harleys. The Boy Scouts disbanded from the actual Boy Scouts for not letting gay people in so they renamed themselves the Joy Scouts. I am a ball of happiness.

Noah and Paul for the win. I loved them. Loved them. I ship them so hard. No spoilers so sorry but this gif sums up how I feel:



Yes. This book. Yes. Read. 237 photos out of 238. Yes.

SINCERELY,

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment