Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book Review: Unbreakable

NOTE: This was an ARC but I finished it after it got published.

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia (the author who did the Beautiful Creatures series) is about a girl named Kennedy who's mother is killed by a spirit and she's saved by these twins Jared and Lukas and recruited to help them destroy the main demon.

I liked this book. It was good. Allow me to tell you why:

*MINOR SPOILERS BUT NOTHING TOO BAD*

It's intense. Like wow-holy-shit intense. And written really well. I nearly bit my nails off while reading it. The demon attacks and the creepy ghost children and the well scene were just EEP. Want to know what I'm talking about?

This gif is applicable in every situation.
It's action-packed. Garcia did a great job writing the action. It wasn't overly-packed with words, but it gave you a great visual as to what was going on. And the action wasn't annoying, it was interesting and terrifying and fascinating.

The characters. I got to say, even though I enjoy all the characters, I love Priest. Priest is such a good kid and he's smart and awesome and I just adore him.

Let me say this:

THE ENDING HOW DARE YOU KAMI GARCIA. I SO NEED THE SEQUEL SOON PRETTY PLEASE.

I am in agony.


But yes. I really liked this book. 543 vengeance spirits out of 550. Awesome sauce.

Ta-ta!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment