Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll read another chapter.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Series Review: Jamieson Brothers

NOTE: This is about two companion novels written by Angie Stanton.

Okay, so these two books Rock and a Hard Place and Snapshot are centered around two brothers in a rock band called Jamieson that is run by their parents along with their other performer brother.

So, for this review, I'm just going to compare them against each other.

Similarities:

  •  Lots of drama
  • A hot male lead
  • A girl with daddy issues
  • A girl with tons of baggage (I say these in the nicest way)
  • Conflict with Jamieson family against the relationship with the brothers.
Differences:

I liked Marti and Adam's romance better than Peter and Libby's, so I kind of prefer Snapshot. But Peter and Libby were cute together in Snapshot and Rock and a Hard Place. But I felt Libby should've contacted Peter directly after Garrett did the thing (no spoilers) and I literally groaned out loud when Marti and Adam had sex without protection. 

But that being said, there is A LOT of drama in these books. Runaways, potential pregnancies, fires, sibling conflict, band conflict, people-sucking, family drama. A whole weird n-gon of dramatic proportions. And I think these books would be a cool potential teen soap. Get on it, ABC Family.

I rate Rock and a Hard Place 19/25 Guitars and Snapshot 22/25 Guitars.

Bye!!!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment